The vision of Crescent Valley is defined by three words...LOVE, SERVE, & INVITE. We are a church that is committed to...
Loving God & Others
Serving The Church & The Community
Inviting People To Church & On The Journey With Christ
Our beliefs as a church come from the Holy Bible and we have broken them down for you in an easy to understand format.
In The Essential Beliefs, We Have Unity.
“There is one body and Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling: one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in all."
In The Non-Essential Beliefs, We Have Liberty.
“Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things…Who are you to judge another servant? To his own master he stands or falls…so then each of us shall give account of himself to God."
Romans 14:1, 4, 12
In All Of Our Beliefs, We Have Harmony.
“And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.”
1 Corinthians 13:2
Our Essential Beliefs
1. We believe the Bible is God’s timeless Word to us and is relevant to our lives today.
“All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness.” 2 Timothy 3:16
2. We believe in one God who exists as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
“Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!” Deuteronomy 6:4
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19
3. We believe that we are created for the Father’s glory.
“Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him.” 1 Corinthians 8:6
4. We believe that sin has separated us from the Father.
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
5. We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell.
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
6. We believe that salvation is a gift of grace found in Jesus through faith.
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:16
7. We believe that Jesus’ death, burial and resurrection are essential for the forgiveness of sin.
“But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His son, born of woman, born under the Law, so that he might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.” Galatians 4:4-5
8. We believe that the Holy Spirit is at work in our lives to draw us to the Father and Jesus and to seal our salvation.
“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.” John 14:16-17
9. We believe that salvation is neither gained nor lost by our own efforts or failures.
“In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation – having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view of redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.” Ephesians 1:13-14
10. We believe that the local church is a community of believers committed to the same purpose and mission.
“So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls. They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” Acts 2:41-42